You have arrived in the LEXXVERSE where the spirit of Lexx lives on. Home


Can anyone answer this please.
 Moderated by: Ketana, CheshireKat, aeonflux  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
Carl B Harrison
Heretic


Joined: Tue Oct 31st, 2006
Location: Sunderland, United Kingdom
Posts: 163
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 23rd, 2006 01:58 pm

Quote

Reply
Work in progress.

I first took some foil and shaped it into what pose I wanted Kai to be in, I then inserted a long thin bolt up through the base up into the head to support the neck.

Only used heat resistant materials inside as once completed it will be baked in an oven for 15min.





Then Using Super Sculpey, covered the foil bit by bit building it up into the desired shape and then sculpted for about 7 hours up to now.

The pony tail is still to be made and added and also some more detail is still to be added. Once baked and hardened I will then attempt to paint it. (gulp)

Work in progress pics of where I'm up to.








____________________
Carl B Harrison
veyron
Heretic


Joined: Sat Oct 28th, 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 171
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 23rd, 2006 02:17 pm

Quote

Reply
YIKES!  This is what your baking on Thanksgiving day?  LOL, so how big is that thing? Nice work in progress!

Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 23rd, 2006 09:58 pm

Quote

Reply
WOW! it looks great..you did real good for this being your first sculpture..can't wait to see it painted.. 



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11370
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 24th, 2006 10:02 am

Quote

Reply
Wow, you really got alot of detail done quickly!  I love the bun! :bounce_pinka:



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Carl B Harrison
Heretic


Joined: Tue Oct 31st, 2006
Location: Sunderland, United Kingdom
Posts: 163
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 24th, 2006 02:08 pm

Quote

Reply
Thank's for your vote of confidence, I feel better now. Got the plaited pony tail done today and was just starting to add his eyebrows and other details when worky things stepped in and stopped me, so I'm working all day tomorrow and it won't be until Sunday that I can get back to it.

I'm really enjoying making it it's rather relaxing and I am listening to Lexx music at the same time, oh yes and having the occasional glass of wine, gota go the whole hog and really enjoy myself.

Touch wood if it continues to go ok I'm making Zev next then Xev (dont know which Xev to make red head or long blond hair ????? Stans next after that and then 790, I've got to a have the whole set, who knows I might make the rest of the cast as it can get rather addictive.

Any hoo this is where I got up to before I was stopped, the back view and something to show scale because veyron asked how big it was, used a 10 pence coin, sorry if some of you don't know how big a 10 p coin is, it's the only thing I could think of.....someone on the forum will probably know how big it is in comparison to say a Silver Dollar and say.... hope so.



____________________
Carl B Harrison
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 24th, 2006 04:34 pm

Quote

Reply
I like how you caught that one strand that Kai always tucked behind his ear..good detail..

me loves his lovelock..and the braid came out real good too!



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Carl B Harrison
Heretic


Joined: Tue Oct 31st, 2006
Location: Sunderland, United Kingdom
Posts: 163
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 24th, 2006 07:57 pm

Quote

Reply
Ketana wrote:
I like how you caught that one strand that Kai always tucked behind his ear..good detail..

me loves his lovelock..and the braid came out real good too!


:D Tar very much Ketana .. think the reason it's going sorta ok is I really wanted a “Kai” something and I was determined to get it somehow, we have all this merchandise from other TV shows and movies that I hardly like and nothing from one of my favourite TV shows, suppose what ever we produce from Lexx it kinda makes it more special.:)



____________________
Carl B Harrison
Carl B Harrison
Heretic


Joined: Tue Oct 31st, 2006
Location: Sunderland, United Kingdom
Posts: 163
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 24th, 2006 08:06 pm

Quote

Reply
Angel wrote:
Wow, you really got alot of detail done quickly!  I love the bun! :bounce_pinka:

Thanks also Angel as it was you who got me all the cool pics, especially the one from behind. :)



____________________
Carl B Harrison
aeonflux
Divine Assassin


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Blue Devil
Posts: 377
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 24th, 2006 08:39 pm

Quote

Reply
Looks awesome so far! Can't wait to see the finished product :D



____________________
What are you looking at?

nextobsession.com
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11370
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 24th, 2006 09:31 pm

Quote

Reply
Great job with the braid too, and quite the ambitious project to do all the characters!



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Dec 3rd, 2006 04:55 pm

Quote

Reply
Carl B Harrison wrote: Thank's for your vote of confidence, I feel better now. Got the plaited pony tail done today and was just starting to add his eyebrows and other details when worky things stepped in and stopped me, so I'm working all day tomorrow and it won't be until Sunday that I can get back to it.

I'm really enjoying making it it's rather relaxing and I am listening to Lexx music at the same time, oh yes and having the occasional glass of wine, gota go the whole hog and really enjoy myself.

Touch wood if it continues to go ok I'm making Zev next then Xev (dont know which Xev to make red head or long blond hair ????? Stans next after that and then 790, I've got to a have the whole set, who knows I might make the rest of the cast as it can get rather addictive.

Any hoo this is where I got up to before I was stopped, the back view and something to show scale because veyron asked how big it was, used a 10 pence coin, sorry if some of you don't know how big a 10 p coin is, it's the only thing I could think of.....someone on the forum will probably know how big it is in comparison to say a Silver Dollar and say.... hope so.


so howz it going?



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Carl B Harrison
Heretic


Joined: Tue Oct 31st, 2006
Location: Sunderland, United Kingdom
Posts: 163
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 4th, 2006 08:35 am

Quote

Reply
Ketana wrote:

so howz it going?


:DI've been a bit busy but he's nearly ready to be baked in the oven. :D







____________________
Carl B Harrison
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11370
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 5th, 2006 07:19 am

Quote

Reply
Wow you've got alot of the detail done.  Now do you paint this too?



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Carl B Harrison
Heretic


Joined: Tue Oct 31st, 2006
Location: Sunderland, United Kingdom
Posts: 163
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 21st, 2006 09:41 pm

Quote

Reply
It's all painted except for his face, I'm having trouble getting some of the colours, I need a trip into Newcastle after Xmas, should get what I need there, so far I'm V happy with it.

Will post pics as soon as it's finished :D



____________________
Carl B Harrison
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11370
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 25th, 2006 10:17 am

Quote

Reply
Carl B Harrison wrote: It's all painted except for his face, I'm having trouble getting some of the colours, I need a trip into Newcastle after Xmas, should get what I need there, so far I'm V happy with it.

Will post pics as soon as it's finished :D

Great, can't wait to see it! :bounce_pinka::D



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....

 Current time is 10:26 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  


Quick Reply
Enter your quick reply:



Black_metal theme exclusively by: WowBB Theme Mall
Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez
SciFi Updates