You have arrived in the LEXXVERSE where the spirit of Lexx lives on. Home


Breatfeeding with the crew.
 Moderated by: Ketana, CheshireKat, aeonflux  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11428
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Dec 5th, 2010 09:31 pm

Quote

Reply
JediPug1 wrote: I've got a good Facebook friend who lives in the UK.  She recently gave birth to her first child, a baby girl, and she is breastfeeding.  A few weeks ago, she commented on my profile picture of Kai - asking who he was, etc.  I took the opportunity to tell her about Lexx.  She remembered the show being on TV, but she never watched it.  So, I told her they had the full run available on Hulu, and also that a user on YouTube has been uploading all the episodes in 10 minute chunks.  She never responded back, so I figured she wasn't interested.  

Well, late last night (early morning for her, since her baby never sleeps!) she sent me a message that she'd been watching Lexx!  I think she's just made it through the first few movies and her overall comment was that the show was weird, but she was curious to see more - and she thought Kai was pretty dreamy.  I hope she sticks with it!  It'd be nice to know I won someone over for the Lexx crew!  I've done it with Doctor Who and Supernatural, so....
*fingers crossed*  :kai-red::JSMIRK:

As the song says, "Just one look, that's all it took".



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Abby1964
Heretic


Joined: Fri Mar 26th, 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 1915
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Dec 5th, 2010 09:49 pm

Quote

Reply
I have to admit that I found Lexx in first run accidentally by channel surfing. I caught a flash of what I thought was a member of the B-52s (Remember them?). I just had to go back and check out that hair. Then I checked out what was attached to the hair. lol! Yeah I drooled on myself long enough to get hooked on the weirdness.

LEXX was actually more sane than most of the people I was dealing with since I watched it at work from the police station. Some of the wacko's I dealt with even made Mantrid seem like a Rhodes Scholar!

Last edited on Sun Dec 5th, 2010 09:50 pm by Abby1964



____________________
JediPug1
Heretic


Joined: Wed Nov 17th, 2010
Location: In Kai's Cryopod....
Posts: 273
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 03:45 am

Quote

Reply
Angel - Too right you are!

Abby, my dad used to be a cop, so I know what you mean... Lexx could never be as bizarre as real life. Plus, I've worked retail. Talk about dealing with wackos... YIKES!!



____________________
"I do not think... the way you think I think." ~Kai
http://outerlimits.apsense.org/group/doctorwhofans
Jensau
Heretic


Joined: Thu Nov 25th, 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 186
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 09:51 am

Quote

Reply
Talking about FB, you must add me!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=671623952



____________________
"The dead do not shoo-bop-a-loo-la" - Kai
Jensau
Heretic


Joined: Thu Nov 25th, 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 186
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 10:07 am

Quote

Reply
I'm one of those that was channel surfing and happened upon the scene where HDS wakes Kai. My mouth dropped, I thought he was the most beautiful man I'd ever seen on TV and when he said the immortal words, "who would you like me to kill?" I was a gonner. (I could sit and stare at Abby's avatar for hours!!)


Fortunately I also thought the whole show was wacky and strange and funny and original and I was hooked. I became totally obsessed with Lexx, it even put my marriage at risk. I spent hours on the internet talking with like minded people and even joined the UK fan club (never done anything like that before for a tv show!!) Wrote a piece of fanfiction (adult content :bigsarc:) and an article for the Lexx magazine "Gigamag". I even had 2 baby cluster lizards in my drawer at work!

During the 3rd season, I had to make a decision; Real Life and Husband or Lexx? and I picked Real Life.  I dabbled a bit more on the BillBored and saw that the Beans had decided to bring the series to conclusion and so I decided I just couldn't face THE END of Lexx at the time so I never got to see the last season!

I think I might just be able to handle it now!!

 

Phew, I waffled a bit there didn't I??


Last edited on Mon Dec 6th, 2010 10:10 am by Jensau



____________________
"The dead do not shoo-bop-a-loo-la" - Kai
JediPug1
Heretic


Joined: Wed Nov 17th, 2010
Location: In Kai's Cryopod....
Posts: 273
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 12:56 pm

Quote

Reply
I sent you a Facebook request!  I'm currently using David Tennant as my profile pic - so you know who I am.  :JSMIRK:  I change my profile picture a lot....  LOL


BTW, if anyone wants to add me on Facebook, feel free.  I'm always happy to add new friends.  http://www.facebook.com/JediPug1


Jen, you had cluster lizards??  Where did you get them??  Were they like action figures or plushies?  I keep trolling eBay for Lexx stuff and I just see old VHS tapes, trading cards, tee-shirts...  I know they didn't do much in the way of marketing with Lexx.  But, boy oh boy, I wish I there was a Kai action figure....  :re_06:





____________________
"I do not think... the way you think I think." ~Kai
http://outerlimits.apsense.org/group/doctorwhofans
Abby1964
Heretic


Joined: Fri Mar 26th, 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 1915
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 01:06 pm

Quote

Reply
I think I sent you a request Jedi. Thinking I don't like the new FB profile. Where the hell is the add friend button???? I had to put your name in the search bar and hope that it went to the right person



____________________
Abby1964
Heretic


Joined: Fri Mar 26th, 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 1915
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 01:08 pm

Quote

Reply
Sent a request to you too Jensau



____________________
Jensau
Heretic


Joined: Thu Nov 25th, 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 186
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 01:36 pm

Quote

Reply
I got them from another fan, she made them. They were lovely and fluffy, I called them "Squish" and "Squishey"! (original, I know!)

I've also got an autograph pic from Michael. Unfortunately I couldn't get one in person, Hubby wouldn't let me go to the signing in London so I asked a fellow fan who was interviewing him in Berlin, to get me one. She also got one from Brian for me.



____________________
"The dead do not shoo-bop-a-loo-la" - Kai
Jensau
Heretic


Joined: Thu Nov 25th, 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 186
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 01:43 pm

Quote

Reply
JediPug1 wrote:
I sent you a Facebook request!  I'm currently using David Tennant as my profile pic - so you know who I am.  :JSMIRK:  I change my profile picture a lot....  LOL


BTW, if anyone wants to add me on Facebook, feel free.  I'm always happy to add new friends.  http://www.facebook.com/JediPug1


Jen, you had cluster lizards??  Where did you get them??  Were they like action figures or plushies?  I keep trolling eBay for Lexx stuff and I just see old VHS tapes, trading cards, tee-shirts...  I know they didn't do much in the way of marketing with Lexx.  But, boy oh boy, I wish I there was a Kai action figure....  :re_06:





It would have to be life size. Anything else just wouldn't suffice!

I think Michael was quite relieved that they didn't make any! ;-)



____________________
"The dead do not shoo-bop-a-loo-la" - Kai
Abby1964
Heretic


Joined: Fri Mar 26th, 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 1915
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 01:57 pm

Quote

Reply
Jensau wrote:
JediPug1 wrote:
I sent you a Facebook request!  I'm currently using David Tennant as my profile pic - so you know who I am.  :JSMIRK:  I change my profile picture a lot....  LOL


BTW, if anyone wants to add me on Facebook, feel free.  I'm always happy to add new friends.  http://www.facebook.com/JediPug1


Jen, you had cluster lizards??  Where did you get them??  Were they like action figures or plushies?  I keep trolling eBay for Lexx stuff and I just see old VHS tapes, trading cards, tee-shirts...  I know they didn't do much in the way of marketing with Lexx.  But, boy oh boy, I wish I there was a Kai action figure....  :re_06:





It would have to be life size. Anything else just wouldn't suffice!

I think Michael was quite relieved that they didn't make any! ;-)


Would it be too bad to include anatomically correct? I think that came up with the Fluff Daddy doll in the Cast signing interview
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf1c6a_cast-table-megacon-07_shortfilms



____________________
mayaXXX
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Dark Zone, Naturally
Posts: 2465
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 04:25 pm

Quote

Reply
Jensau wrote: show!!) Wrote a piece of fanfiction (adult content :bigsarc:) and an article for the Lexx magazine "Gigamag". I even had 2 baby cluster lizards in my drawer at work!





Hey Jensau, I have all 4 of the Gigamags, which article is yours? If you have a Lexx fanfic, you can upload it to Fanfiction.net, there's a Lexx section there for our fics.

:LogoLexx:



____________________
"Blah blah blah, Vampire Emergency, Blah..."
IT'S OFFICIAL
Jensau
Heretic


Joined: Thu Nov 25th, 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 186
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 05:12 pm

Quote

Reply
mayaXXX wrote: Jensau wrote: show!!) Wrote a piece of fanfiction (adult content :bigsarc:) and an article for the Lexx magazine "Gigamag". I even had 2 baby cluster lizards in my drawer at work!





Hey Jensau, I have all 4 of the Gigamags, which article is yours? If you have a Lexx fanfic, you can upload it to Fanfiction.net, there's a Lexx section there for our fics.

:LogoLexx:


It's in Issue 2 of Gigamag called "Side Effects"! I'm not sure about sharing the fanfic. It's a bit rude!

Just out of interest Maya, has any of the cast seen the Gigamags or read any fanfiction?



____________________
"The dead do not shoo-bop-a-loo-la" - Kai
JediPug1
Heretic


Joined: Wed Nov 17th, 2010
Location: In Kai's Cryopod....
Posts: 273
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 6th, 2010 08:39 pm

Quote

Reply
Abby, I didn't get any requests from you....  Not sure what happened.  Did you send it today?  Yep, the new Facebook profile is a bit goofy, but that's par for the course, isn't it?  LOL

An anatomically correct Kai doll would be a must - Life size would be nice, but I'd also have to have a pocket version.... just because.  :heartbeat: Of course, I'm sure that would freak Michael out...  LOL

That video was awesome!  I actually found it online (Daily Motion, I think) before I joined this forum. 



Plushie Squish.... Awwwwwww..... That makes me wish I was crafty... but I can barely sew a button.  :P



____________________
"I do not think... the way you think I think." ~Kai
http://outerlimits.apsense.org/group/doctorwhofans
mayaXXX
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Dark Zone, Naturally
Posts: 2465
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Dec 7th, 2010 05:16 am

Quote

Reply
Jensau wrote: mayaXXX wrote: Jensau wrote: show!!) Wrote a piece of fanfiction (adult content :bigsarc:) and an article for the Lexx magazine "Gigamag". I even had 2 baby cluster lizards in my drawer at work!





Hey Jensau, I have all 4 of the Gigamags, which article is yours? If you have a Lexx fanfic, you can upload it to Fanfiction.net, there's a Lexx section there for our fics.

:LogoLexx:


It's in Issue 2 of Gigamag called "Side Effects"! I'm not sure about sharing the fanfic. It's a bit rude!

Just out of interest Maya, has any of the cast seen the Gigamags or read any fanfiction?


As far as I know, none of the cast has been or is currently  interested in fanfiction in any form. Many of them felt as if it tread on the toes of the Beans writing...so it's been kept pretty much away from the cast.

A couple of them were familiar with the Gigamag because they did interviews, but that's it.

:bounce_pinka:



____________________
"Blah blah blah, Vampire Emergency, Blah..."
IT'S OFFICIAL

 Current time is 02:51 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  


Quick Reply
Enter your quick reply:



Black_metal theme exclusively by: WowBB Theme Mall
Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez
SciFi Updates