You have arrived in the LEXXVERSE where the spirit of Lexx lives on. Home


Michael McManus Updates!
 Moderated by: Angel, Aenea  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
WaterParadiso
Heretic


Joined: Wed Feb 27th, 2013
Location: Kai Town, USA
Posts: 28
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2013 07:23 pm

Quote

Reply
My heart skipped a beat when i saw your email. Thank you for sharing :)

irina999
Heretic


Joined: Sun Feb 3rd, 2013
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Posts: 21
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2013 07:59 pm

Quote

Reply
 Yes, Michael is beautiful in the performance "Blue Beard". Which view is!!!!! Plumb scared! Pictures are great!
And that's good sliced honestly stolen personnel from various films with the participation of Michael!!! Here is the link:
http://youtu.be/iTQlmRJ81bk
Oh, how young we were, as truly loved.... It from one Russian song.
Accompanied by footage of the song (in Russian, of course). Sing something like:"I don't look at you I you remember admire you, I'll get dressed and put on my shoes, I'll go out the door, I will warm Moroz, for a long time will I be under hypnosis..." - well, and then everything in the same spirit.
In his youth, Michael was really pretty. With age, it has become more charismatic. And more beautiful, perhaps. Increased life experience. Of course, it is very interesting to communicate with such a person. Michael! Where are you?????? AU-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u! Come out to the people!
Okay.
It's time to meditate.... something was excited after watching your favorite photos actor....Bluebeard.... Bluebeard....Scary story..... Oh-Oh-Oh!!!! Horror! As would not have had a nightmare the night!!! We should treat yourself to a delicious! Take the spoon almond nuts, spoon of honey. Stir. Very tasty! All the while!:c030a:



____________________
Frog Princess
Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7297
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Oct 24th, 2013 02:25 am

Quote

Reply
mayaXXX wrote: A very nice Russian fan that lives in Canada sent me a link to a photographer that took some pics of Michael for the play "Bluebeard" that he did several years ago. I don't  have permission to post them, but I can give you the link to view them. There's also a couple of Macbeth pics in there that are similar to the ones already up at the MM.com site.

http://www.stephanbircher.com/theatre/blue_beard.php

Michael was offered a part in Paul Donovan's new project, "Clay's Point of View", but it appears as if that's not going to work out....*sigh*


Thanks to our Russian fan !!

:147::LogoLexx:


Interesting and way cool.  Some of those photos reminded me for some odd reason of Madame Tussaud's Wax Works of Chambers of Horrors.

Thanks for sharing the link Maya :cat01::xgroupwave2:

PeridotEyes
Heretic


Joined: Mon Oct 30th, 2006
Location: Water Planet, Florida USA
Posts: 230
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Oct 24th, 2013 07:28 pm

Quote

Reply
Arcticfox wrote: Thanks. Maya. I know there have been other really talented actors who have in interviews in the passed expressed they only do project that really mean something to them as an artist. Was wondering if it was the case. I haven't read or watched all the links and interviews on his site as some do not want to pull up on my phone. So I thought I would just ask. Frustrating when some actors w/ only a spec of talent get role after role ( some just because they are good looking) and there really are alot of hidden gems as far as actual talent that you discover in odd places. Here's to all those hidden Gems like ALL the main Lexx actors getting put into the light more.
He seems to be reliving Richard Boone's career.



____________________
'Or not.' Kai, in Mort.
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Oct 26th, 2013 09:40 pm

Quote

Reply
PeridotEyes wrote:
Arcticfox wrote: Thanks. Maya. I know there have been other really talented actors who have in interviews in the passed expressed they only do project that really mean something to them as an artist. Was wondering if it was the case. I haven't read or watched all the links and interviews on his site as some do not want to pull up on my phone. So I thought I would just ask. Frustrating when some actors w/ only a spec of talent get role after role ( some just because they are good looking) and there really are alot of hidden gems as far as actual talent that you discover in odd places. Here's to all those hidden Gems like ALL the main Lexx actors getting put into the light more.
He seems to be reliving Richard Boone's career.


MM can't even stand in Boone's boots with the career RB had, PE!

Television series

Dragnet·
Noah's Ark·
Pete Kelly's Blues·
GE True·
77 Sunset Strip·
Adam-12·
The D.A.·
O'Hara, U.S. Treasury·
Emergency!·
Hec Ramsey·
Escape·
Chase·
Sierra·
Mobile One·
Project U.F.O.·
Sam



Radio series

Dragnet·
Pete Kelly's Blues



Films

Dragnet·
Pete Kelly's Blues·
Red Nightmare·
The D.I.·
-30-·
The Last Time I Saw Archie·
What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice?·
Dragnet (1987 film)



People

Jack Webb·
Ben Alexander·
Dan Aykroyd·
Art Balinger·
Jill Banner·
Harry Bartell·
Harold Jack Bloom·
Richard Boone·
William Boyett·
Richard Breen·
Paul Burke·
Stephen J. Cannell·
Robert A. Cinader·
Robert Conrad·
Jackie Cooper·
Gary Crosby·
Howard Culver·
Tim Donnelly·
George Fenneman·
Robert Fuller·
Art Gilmore·
Virginia Gregg·
Tom Hanks·
Mark Harmon·
Stacy Harris·
David Janssen·
Julie London·
Marco Lopez·
Tom Mankiewicz·
Randolph Mantooth·
Wayne Maunder·
Kent McCord·
Martin Milner·
Harry Morgan·
Burt Mustin·
Ed O'Neill·
Peter Parros·
Barney Phillips·
William Reynolds·
Mitchell Ryan·
Walter Schumann·
Olan Soule·
John Stephenson·
Ernest Thompson·
Kevin Tighe·
Bobby Troup·
Ethan Wayne·
Dick Wolf·
Barton Yarborough



Miscellaneous

Mark VII Limited·
Dragnet (theme music)·
List of Emergency! characters·
Joe Friday·
St. George and the Dragonet·
San Franciscan Nights



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
PeridotEyes
Heretic


Joined: Mon Oct 30th, 2006
Location: Water Planet, Florida USA
Posts: 230
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 28th, 2013 08:07 pm

Quote

Reply
Ketana wrote: PeridotEyes wrote:
Arcticfox wrote: Thanks. Maya. I know there have been other really talented actors who have in interviews in the passed expressed they only do project that really mean something to them as an artist. Was wondering if it was the case. I haven't read or watched all the links and interviews on his site as some do not want to pull up on my phone. So I thought I would just ask. Frustrating when some actors w/ only a spec of talent get role after role ( some just because they are good looking) and there really are alot of hidden gems as far as actual talent that you discover in odd places. Here's to all those hidden Gems like ALL the main Lexx actors getting put into the light more.
He seems to be reliving Richard Boone's career.


MM can't even stand in Boone's boots with the career RB had, PE!

Television series

Dragnet·
Noah's Ark·
Pete Kelly's Blues·
GE True·
77 Sunset Strip·
Adam-12·
The D.A.·
O'Hara, U.S. Treasury·
Emergency!·
Hec Ramsey·
Escape·
Chase·
Sierra·
Mobile One·
Project U.F.O.·
Sam



Radio series

Dragnet·
Pete Kelly's Blues



Films

Dragnet·
Pete Kelly's Blues·
Red Nightmare·
The D.I.·
-30-·
The Last Time I Saw Archie·
What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice?·
Dragnet (1987 film)



People

Jack Webb·
Ben Alexander·
Dan Aykroyd·
Art Balinger·
Jill Banner·
Harry Bartell·
Harold Jack Bloom·
Richard Boone·
William Boyett·
Richard Breen·
Paul Burke·
Stephen J. Cannell·
Robert A. Cinader·
Robert Conrad·
Jackie Cooper·
Gary Crosby·
Howard Culver·
Tim Donnelly·
George Fenneman·
Robert Fuller·
Art Gilmore·
Virginia Gregg·
Tom Hanks·
Mark Harmon·
Stacy Harris·
David Janssen·
Julie London·
Marco Lopez·
Tom Mankiewicz·
Randolph Mantooth·
Wayne Maunder·
Kent McCord·
Martin Milner·
Harry Morgan·
Burt Mustin·
Ed O'Neill·
Peter Parros·
Barney Phillips·
William Reynolds·
Mitchell Ryan·
Walter Schumann·
Olan Soule·
John Stephenson·
Ernest Thompson·
Kevin Tighe·
Bobby Troup·
Ethan Wayne·
Dick Wolf·
Barton Yarborough



Miscellaneous

Mark VII Limited·
Dragnet (theme music)·
List of Emergency! characters·
Joe Friday·
St. George and the Dragonet·
San Franciscan Nights


Lioness, I'm afraid you may have misunderstood my post.  Richard Boone turned down roles that would have made him one of the superstars of the world.  He was only interested in being an actor, laudable, maybe, but after he did the Greta Garbo thing for a while he was surprised when people forgot who he was. 

Boone turned down the role of Doyle Lonnegan in The Sting, Captain Quint in Jaws, and a number of other roles which at the moment escape my mind.  There were other parts he turned down but these two should make my case.  He died of cancer in 1981 and left us with a too-small body of work.  He preferred working in theater and none of those roles survive. 

What I want to know is why did Boone never play Cyrano?  He was a perfect candidate.  He was great in romantic parts.  Unless I screw up my courage soon to call his widow again, we shall never know.

Yes, Richard Boone was a man before his time.  He paid the price for it, too.  Hollywood hated him because he insisted on having script approval, guest star approval and basically being the producer for his series Have Gun - Will Travel.  Do you know that today, 33 years after his death, the suits in Hollywood are still gossiping about him and blackening his name?  They laugh and tell bullshit lies about how he was afraid of horses.  I wondered about that so I wrote to David Needham, son of Hal Needham, Boone's stunt man, and asked him if Boone was afraid of horses.  Hal Needham, may he rest in peace, responded that Boone preferred a calm horse to a nervous or restive one so he could get through a scene but he wasn't afraid of any horse.  Hal said that whoever repeated that lie was full of shit. I went to the source and found that it wasn't true.

These days what Boone demanded is given to any television star when their series becomes a hit: script approval, guest star approval, costume approval and whatever it takes to keep them happy and showing up on time.  The big investment is in the star who carries the show and that's what Boone was for HGWT: he was it, the whole package.  No one knows how much money CBS has made from merchandising HGWT and Boone's image.  I imagine it's a tidy sum.  He earned his money and was the first actor to be paid in annual installments over 20 years.  Boone was brilliant before his time.  Too bad he never received any residuals for HGWT.  His wife would be filthy rich today.

climbs down from soapbox

Now, my dearest Ketana, what did your list of actors mean?  Richard Boone never worked with Dan Ackroyd, I know this for a fact.  He did, however, work with Charles Bronson on many occasions, Angie Dickinson, Harry Carey, Jr, Hank Patterson (Boone really liked him), Peggy Rea, Denver Pyle, George Kennedy, Karl Swenson, Ken Curtis, Strother Martin, Anthony Caruso, William Schallert, Jeanette Nolan, Warren Stevens, Ben Johnson, James Best, Robert Blake, June Lockhart, Barbara Baxley, Harry Morgan, Marian Seldes, Lon Chaney, Jr, Buddy Ebsen, Kathy Browne, Werner Klemperer, Jack Elam, James Coburn, Lee Van Cleef, Madlyn Rhue, Sydney Pollack (a very good friend), Duane Eddy, William Conrad (as actor and as director), Harry Dean Stanton, Dyan Cannon, Janice Rule, Vincent Price (they were close friends), Clu Gallagher (who was in Boone's acting class, as in Boone taught him acting), Douglas Kennedy, Albert Salmi (my fave), Hans Conried, Ivan Dixon, Edgar Buchannon, Elinor Donahue, Claude Akins, Mike Connor, John Dehner, Jack Lord...it goes on and these are just the first 1/3 of the famous ones. 

My hand is paining me now and I'm not halfway done with the list of guest stars from HGWT.  The link is below.  I can't type any more names.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050025/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm


Richard Boone had other television series. He was an auteur unappreciated in his lifetime.    

 



   

 



____________________
'Or not.' Kai, in Mort.
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Oct 28th, 2013 11:28 pm

Quote

Reply
beautifully written my beloved green-eyed goddess..you made me look up RB's career and read for myself and yes he was talented..beyond Hollywood's use of an actor's talent..he was in the forefront for actor's rights..



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11424
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Oct 29th, 2013 12:40 am

Quote

Reply
I mainly remember him from reruns of Have gun will travel, and some guest spots in other old westerns....now back to MM drooling..



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
PeridotEyes
Heretic


Joined: Mon Oct 30th, 2006
Location: Water Planet, Florida USA
Posts: 230
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Oct 29th, 2013 08:40 pm

Quote

Reply
Ketana wrote: beautifully written my beloved green-eyed goddess..you made me look up RB's career and read for myself and yes he was talented..beyond Hollywood's use of an actor's talent..he was in the forefront for actor's rights..

Sorry about that, Lioness.  :(  So, what's happening here is that MM seems to be repeating RB's career.  MM's turning down films and other work.  I fear that he'll leave us with a television series and a few guest star roles, a couple of TV movies and little else.  He's heading down the Richard Boone path of leaving little behind when he's dead.  :cryingsmiley:  That was what I meant when I compared the two actors.

Agree or disagree?

 



____________________
'Or not.' Kai, in Mort.
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Oct 30th, 2013 12:44 am

Quote

Reply
no problem oh green-eyed temptress but I still think RB had a much more varied career than MM..



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
PeridotEyes
Heretic


Joined: Mon Oct 30th, 2006
Location: Water Planet, Florida USA
Posts: 230
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Oct 30th, 2013 12:26 pm

Quote

Reply
Truth, O Goddess of Lions, but Richard Boone died relative young at 63.  MM's heading down the same road to leave the world with even less of a collective body of work...thus my comparison to MM's detriment.  :(



   



____________________
'Or not.' Kai, in Mort.
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Oct 31st, 2013 08:51 pm

Quote

Reply
ahhh my emerald eyed beauty then we have come to an agreement..MM's body of work is sadly lacking in substance..pity shame..



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
PeridotEyes
Heretic


Joined: Mon Oct 30th, 2006
Location: Water Planet, Florida USA
Posts: 230
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Nov 1st, 2013 04:25 am

Quote

Reply
MM's fallen far behind RB in a complete body of work, but he's having a similar type of career -> not enough.



____________________
'Or not.' Kai, in Mort.
mayaXXX
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Dark Zone, Naturally
Posts: 2465
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 7th, 2013 02:59 am

Quote

Reply
For those new Lexx fans that haven't had the opportunity to visit the Michael McManus webpage, I recommend that you take the time to run by there in the next couple of weeks, since I'll be revamping the site on the anniversary of the page going up. I'll be taking down a ton of pages that don't get many visits, and alot of the files will be taken off that are killing the bandwith usage, so if anyone wants anything, make sure to grab it quickly...

http://www.michael-mcmanus.com



:kai-red:



____________________
"Blah blah blah, Vampire Emergency, Blah..."
IT'S OFFICIAL
mayaXXX
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Dark Zone, Naturally
Posts: 2465
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Dec 6th, 2013 08:34 pm

Quote

Reply
Yet another opportunity to see Michael's performance in Forever Knight, which is having a mini-marathon this coming Monday (12-9). His episode is "For I Have Sinned", and airs at 10AM on the CHILL channel on cable.
Appearing in Forever Knight's episode "False Witness" is our own lovely Ellen Dubin at 2PM on CHILL channel on Monday (12-9) during the mini-marathon. Check your listings !!!


:LogoLexx::kai-red::xre_21:



____________________
"Blah blah blah, Vampire Emergency, Blah..."
IT'S OFFICIAL

 Current time is 05:03 pm
Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  Next Page Last Page  


Quick Reply
Enter your quick reply:



Black_metal theme exclusively by: WowBB Theme Mall
Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez
SciFi Updates