You have arrived in the LEXXVERSE where the spirit of Lexx lives on. Home


Let's go to the movies
 Moderated by: Ketana, CheshireKat, aeonflux  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11370
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Aug 28th, 2009 06:24 am

Quote

Reply
If anyone was wondering if Disctrict 9 is any good, I'll give ya my honest opinion.  It sucked!  Don't waste your money.  I thought it was extremely stupid.  I also went to see The Time traveler's wife last night, definitely a chick flick, kind of slow moving, but an okay movie overall.  I liked how he could travel to different points of his life, and also even after he had died, his younger self could travel to the future to see his daughter and his wife.



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7292
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Aug 28th, 2009 12:37 pm

Quote

Reply
Never heard of the first movie but I have heard of the second one. Sounds rather sad but it sounds like the sort of movie I would like to see but no chance of that right now.

Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7292
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Oct 9th, 2009 05:33 pm

Quote

Reply
I watched Bottle Shock the other night. I recommend it. Based on a true story. I knew Chris Pine was in it but when I read on someone's message board that Alan Rickman was in it, I thought I'll get that watch it.

That Chris Pine is a really good actor. I forgot about his performance and James T Kirk.

What is it with this actor, he got the crap beaten out of him in both roles.

Last edited on Mon Dec 7th, 2009 02:25 pm by Dragonflygurl

darthomatic
Heretic


Joined: Mon Nov 23rd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 184
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Dec 6th, 2009 09:21 pm

Quote

Reply
someone on a previous page mentioned Twilight. if you think that's bad, wait til you see #2, New Moon. more sparkling. and more sparkling dialogue. "it's my birthday, kiss me" "I love you". awesome!. and how about those performances :D

star trek got a mention, too. quinto as young spock was perfect. urban as mccoy, ditto. pine was neither here nor there. bland, even. not sure about Red Matter (wtf) and the starwarsification of some scenes, but it could have been MUCH worse. the ancients aren't pleased though, are they. words like 'abomination' are rolling around, still.

meanwhile, seems to be an appreciation hereabouts for german product. any recommendations? I'm partial to the work of Tom Tykwer (loved Heaven and Perfume), and don't mind a bit of Hans Weingartner (my favourite of his is the outrageously political, but oh so important, in a personal sense .. "die fetten jahre sind vorbei"). Looking for more ideas, so ...

Cesare
Heretic


Joined: Sun Oct 29th, 2006
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 340
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Dec 25th, 2009 06:03 pm

Quote

Reply
darthomatic wrote: someone on a previous page mentioned Twilight. if you think that's bad, wait til you see #2, New Moon. more sparkling. and more sparkling dialogue. "it's my birthday, kiss me" "I love you". awesome!. and how about those performances :D


Saw it. And the flick is so utterly lobotomizing it hurts.

*shudders*



____________________
"What did you see beyond Light City?"
"What did I? I saw potential, for good, for evil. Everything we could be and everything we mustn't be, all mixed up together in the same... at the same... A rainbow. I saw a rainbow."
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Jan 12th, 2010 12:36 pm

Quote

Reply
I won't even bother with those twitlights movies..so tween it's ridiculous! Gimme a good old fasioned suckfest in B/W and I'm all yours!!



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Feb 23rd, 2010 10:41 am

Quote

Reply
OoooooOOOoO I saw Nine...the old re-make of 8 1/2..with Daniel Day Lewis..uh yeah he's Italian..like I'm friggin Irish..*rolls eyes* but he was pretty nice eye candy..if you got past that horrid accent..Fergie was good as the town whore..Nicole Kidman, someone tell me please when did she turn into a plastic Barbie? Sophia Loren..what can you say? CLASSIC! BEAUTIFUL WOMAN..GORGOUS! MAY SHE LIVE LONG AND PROSPER! Kate Hudson, OMG can you Goldie Hawn in her smile? Spitting image of her mom! Dame Judi Dench..LOVE HER!! Penelope Cruz who was fabu is also is my twin sister in case you needed to know this! *snarf* shaddaup angel! Marion Cotilard was great..she had the best song in the whole movie!! LOVED THIS MOVIE! I'd give it three and half Kai's!!



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Mar 31st, 2010 10:52 am

Quote

Reply
Blind Side with Sandra Bullock..oh such a good movie, made me sniffle and that's hard to do what with me not having a heart..she's good in it though..I recommend it..



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Abby1964
Heretic


Joined: Fri Mar 26th, 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 1915
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Apr 12th, 2010 03:13 pm

Quote

Reply
I've been in kind of a weird mood not really watching anything serious or Good for that matter.  I'm suck on B movie mode right now.  i was checking out movies on Hulu.com and came across one called Killer Condom. 

Talk about a laugh your ass off flick! I'm still trying to figure that one out.  A Gay love story,  A police drama S&M sex and a religious message all wrapped up in one with penis eating condoms wriggling around biting off everything in sight.  And I thought bad carrots were hilarious!



____________________
Cesare
Heretic


Joined: Sun Oct 29th, 2006
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 340
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Apr 17th, 2010 10:06 pm

Quote

Reply
Just re-watched Sauna (Filth)...again.
A Finnish drama/horror about sin, redemption, and the material that all our memories are made of (as one of the characters puts it). It's hauntingly sad, hauntingly creepy at times - and hauntingly beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si8IqpZc8Fo

This film made me very interested in Antti-Jussi Annila's work when I saw it last summer - so I checked out the director's older movie Jadesoturi (Jade Warrior) - a very offbeat, yet surprisingly organic and functional blend of Kalevala and ancient Chinese (and Inner Asian) motifs - with rich and complex philosophical overtones.
...sheer audiovisual poetry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVDMru5RE4I

I hope Annila is already working on something new - or that he'll start working on something new soon.

BTW - he's got a great taste when it comes to music composers. Panu Aaltio's music for Sauna is beautiful - and one of the composers of the Jadesoturi score was Kimmo Pohjonen - who's a bloody genius.



____________________
"What did you see beyond Light City?"
"What did I? I saw potential, for good, for evil. Everything we could be and everything we mustn't be, all mixed up together in the same... at the same... A rainbow. I saw a rainbow."
veyron
Heretic


Joined: Sat Oct 28th, 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 171
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Apr 18th, 2010 02:29 am

Quote

Reply
Cesare wrote: Just re-watched Sauna (Filth)...again.
A Finnish drama/horror about sin, redemption, and the material that all our memories are made of (as one of the characters puts it). It's hauntingly sad, hauntingly creepy at times - and hauntingly beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si8IqpZc8Fo

This film made me very interested in Antti-Jussi Annila's work when I saw it last summer - so I checked out the director's older movie Jadesoturi (Jade Warrior) - a very offbeat, yet surprisingly organic and functional blend of Kalevala and ancient Chinese (and Inner Asian) motifs - with rich and complex philosophical overtones.
...sheer audiovisual poetry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVDMru5RE4I

I hope Annila is already working on something new - or that he'll start working on something new soon.

BTW - he's got a great taste when it comes to music composers. Panu Aaltio's music for Sauna is beautiful - and one of the composers of the Jadesoturi score was Kimmo Pohjonen - who's a bloody genius.
I know..l.I was just going to say that.

veyron
Heretic


Joined: Sat Oct 28th, 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 171
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Apr 18th, 2010 02:46 am

Quote

Reply
Abby1964 wrote: I've been in kind of a weird mood not really watching anything serious or Good for that matter.  I'm suck on B movie mode right now.  i was checking out movies on Hulu.com and came across one called Killer Condom. 

Talk about a laugh your ass off flick! I'm still trying to figure that one out.  A Gay love story,  A police drama S&M sex and a religious message all wrapped up in one with penis eating condoms wriggling around biting off everything in sight.  And I thought bad carrots were hilarious!


YUCK!  I havent watched that one, dont think I will.  HOWEVER, Hulu B movies kick ass, I am addicted to them.  B doesnt stand for Bad, but these movies are seriously bad.  you have to sign up or whatever to proove your over 18.  Originally, Blame it on Rio had paint on bikinis, seriously lame, but now its unedited.  Hopefully LEXX will follow.

Hmm, I liked Shredder, Hack, Two Tigers, that Zoe Bell movie, its a riot, and theres lots of "good" movies there too.  Or you can watch El Vira, Hitchcock, Outer limits, Angel, Buffy, Firefly, here and there some pretty decent movies.  But the "B" movies are insanse, its really a blast!

 

Now being a serious B movie addict, I am still searching for an original English version of Spirits of the Dead with Jane Fonda, not the piece of crap French version.  Jane/ Peter dont speak French, yet the French market this dvd like its something original.  I have seen it at the drive in, I know how it sounds.

Drive ins...ok, I have dated myself.  I hated those god damn speaker thingys you had to hang on your window, but somehow watching Barbarella made it all good.:c030a:

veyron
Heretic


Joined: Sat Oct 28th, 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 171
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Apr 18th, 2010 03:28 am

Quote

Reply
Ketana wrote: OoooooOOOoO I saw Nine...the old re-make of 8 1/2..with Daniel Day Lewis..uh yeah he's Italian..like I'm friggin Irish..*rolls eyes* but he was pretty nice eye candy..if you got past that horrid accent..Fergie was good as the town whore..Nicole Kidman, someone tell me please when did she turn into a plastic Barbie? Sophia Loren..what can you say? CLASSIC! BEAUTIFUL WOMAN..GORGOUS! MAY SHE LIVE LONG AND PROSPER! Kate Hudson, OMG can you Goldie Hawn in her smile? Spitting image of her mom! Dame Judi Dench..LOVE HER!! Penelope Cruz who was fabu is also is my twin sister in case you needed to know this! *snarf* shaddaup angel! Marion Cotilard was great..she had the best song in the whole movie!! LOVED THIS MOVIE! I'd give it three and half Kai's!!

what do you mean, the "old remake of 8 1/2?  I am very familiar with all of Fellinis films,  I even visited Bagnoregio (La Strada).  How do you redo Marcello Mastroianni, let alone Claudia Cardinale?  I am quite a fan of Giulieta Massina BTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWqC6kRCLjI

 

Abby1964
Heretic


Joined: Fri Mar 26th, 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 1915
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Apr 18th, 2010 09:06 am

Quote

Reply
veyron wrote: Abby1964 wrote: I've been in kind of a weird mood not really watching anything serious or Good for that matter.  I'm suck on B movie mode right now.  i was checking out movies on Hulu.com and came across one called Killer Condom. 

Talk about a laugh your ass off flick! I'm still trying to figure that one out.  A Gay love story,  A police drama S&M sex and a religious message all wrapped up in one with penis eating condoms wriggling around biting off everything in sight.  And I thought bad carrots were hilarious!


YUCK!  I havent watched that one, dont think I will.  HOWEVER, Hulu B movies kick ass, I am addicted to them.  B doesnt stand for Bad, but these movies are seriously bad.  you have to sign up or whatever to proove your over 18.  Originally, Blame it on Rio had paint on bikinis, seriously lame, but now its unedited.  Hopefully LEXX will follow.

Hmm, I liked Shredder, Hack, Two Tigers, that Zoe Bell movie, its a riot, and theres lots of "good" movies there too.  Or you can watch El Vira, Hitchcock, Outer limits, Angel, Buffy, Firefly, here and there some pretty decent movies.  But the "B" movies are insanse, its really a blast!

 

Now being a serious B movie addict, I am still searching for an original English version of Spirits of the Dead with Jane Fonda, not the piece of crap French version.  Jane/ Peter dont speak French, yet the French market this dvd like its something original.  I have seen it at the drive in, I know how it sounds.

Drive ins...ok, I have dated myself.  I hated those god damn speaker thingys you had to hang on your window, but somehow watching Barbarella made it all good.:c030a:
I loved going to the drive in! All us kids would put on our PJ's grab pillows and blankets, Mom would pack up sodas and snacks and we would pile in the car and off we'd go.  Our local drive in would charge like $10 per car for all night movie marathons.  Usually B horror movies and it was great!

I love the bad B movies for some reason.  I find them hilarious.  I'm that person that sits in the back of the theater cracking jokes and hurling insults at the hero on the screen who is really to stupid to live and yet manages to somehow survive until the end of the flick anyway.



____________________
Abby1964
Heretic


Joined: Fri Mar 26th, 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 1915
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Apr 18th, 2010 09:08 am

Quote

Reply
Oh one Hulu doesn't have that I wish they'd get...The Warriors with Michael Beck and James Remar.  I love that movie! 



____________________

 Current time is 07:29 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  Next Page Last Page  


Quick Reply
Enter your quick reply:



Black_metal theme exclusively by: WowBB Theme Mall
Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez
SciFi Updates