You have arrived in the LEXXVERSE where the spirit of Lexx lives on. Home


Torchwood
 Moderated by: Ketana, CheshireKat, aeonflux  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11387
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 9th, 2006 12:37 pm

Quote

Reply
Wayward Kitty wrote: I'm really enjoying Torchwood so far ^_^ I'm a little iffy about what they've done with Captain Jack, but other than that... he's the same guy I adored from Doctor Who mostly so its all good.

For the record... the hand in the jar creeps me out, I don't care who's hand it is! LOL

What did they do to Captain Jack??  He was very hot in the first new Dr. Who season, I hope they didn't change him drastically!



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
eLNunn
Heretic


Joined: Wed Nov 8th, 2006
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Posts: 31
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 9th, 2006 12:48 pm

Quote

Reply
Well, for starters, due to his resurrection in "Bad Wolf", he can't die!



____________________
Even with an IQ of 6000, it's still brown trousers time.
Wayward Kitty
Heretic


Joined: Sat Oct 28th, 2006
Location: Stuck In The Middle With You
Posts: 66
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Nov 9th, 2006 03:16 pm

Quote

Reply
That was the bit I was trying to avoid telling LOL When he reveals that, I sat there going 'whatchu talkin' 'bout, Cap'n?' I think it is just that I'm not used to it yet... I got to know Captain Jack through Doctor Who, and now he's just kinda different...he's more serious and he's all about the job (on the surface anyway... da man be troubled), but after what he went through I'm not surprised. He's still got that wit, he just seems to use it at more appropriate times... which is kind of a shame in a way... I do so love the Captain of the Inuendo Squad. Still, all things considered, I'm loving the Captain as much as ever... and longing to steal his coat. What?! He knows a Time Lord, he can just go get another one... ~_^



____________________
I'm a woman, not a Barbie doll; if you want a stick insect, go to the pet store.
Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7296
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Nov 25th, 2006 07:56 pm

Quote

Reply
Eppy 6 Countryside.  Man it was gory and not what you thought was going happen in it.  This episode would be my least favorite.

If your interested here's a link to a perview of the next episode, http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/

Last edited on Sat Nov 25th, 2006 08:00 pm by Dragonflygurl

Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7296
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Nov 29th, 2006 05:14 pm

Quote

Reply
Wow I've just recently watch episode no 7 'There's Something About Mary.' and it was really good.  Started off a bit creepy.  It's about this alien and this necklace when worn you can read people's mind.  That's all I'll say.

When I saw the trailer to it last week, I thought it did not look all that interesting but I was wrong.

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11387
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Dec 9th, 2006 05:46 pm

Quote

Reply
I've just seen the first three episodes of Torchwood with three more to go (and am finally getting to 'round to making my teacakes, otherwise I'd be having me a marathon of eps).  It's way different than I thought it would be, I was thinking it'd be a bit more futuristic, but it's set in a more modern day time.  I do like it so far, but I find Dr. Who to be much more exciting and entertaining.  Torchwood is a bit more dark in their story lines, a bit more dramatic.



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
CheshireKat
Divine Assassin


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 2918
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 25th, 2006 12:47 pm

Quote

Reply
OK, I just watched the last ep of Dr Who (season 2). Without spoiling it too much for me 'cause I'm still waiting to see it here in the US, do Rose & Mickey show up in Torchwood? There was a reference to Mickey going to work for the Torchwood project. I guess I'm just stil broken up over losing Rose in Dr Who. I think she was the comapnion most emotionally attached to the doctor.



____________________
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11387
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Dec 25th, 2006 03:17 pm

Quote

Reply
CheshireKat wrote: OK, I just watched the last ep of Dr Who (season 2). Without spoiling it too much for me 'cause I'm still waiting to see it here in the US, do Rose & Mickey show up in Torchwood? There was a reference to Mickey going to work for the Torchwood project. I guess I'm just stil broken up over losing Rose in Dr Who. I think she was the comapnion most emotionally attached to the doctor.

I've seen the first 6 eps so far of Torchwood and have not seen Mickey at all.  I don't think Rose was going to have anything to do with it.  It was an emotional ending when Rose and the Doctor split, rather bittersweet.  There is a Dr. Who Christmas episode, I could send that to you when I get it, and I'm not sure, but we may get a glimpse of the new companion.



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7296
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Dec 27th, 2006 09:46 pm

Quote

Reply
Angel wrote: CheshireKat wrote: OK, I just watched the last ep of Dr Who (season 2). Without spoiling it too much for me 'cause I'm still waiting to see it here in the US, do Rose & Mickey show up in Torchwood? There was a reference to Mickey going to work for the Torchwood project. I guess I'm just stil broken up over losing Rose in Dr Who. I think she was the comapnion most emotionally attached to the doctor.

I've seen the first 6 eps so far of Torchwood and have not seen Mickey at all.  I don't think Rose was going to have anything to do with it.  It was an emotional ending when Rose and the Doctor split, rather bittersweet.  There is a Dr. Who Christmas episode, I could send that to you when I get it, and I'm not sure, but we may get a glimpse of the new companion.

Micky was in the other Universe of Torchwood, so that's why you will not see him in this series.

CheshireKat
Divine Assassin


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 2918
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Dec 28th, 2006 09:55 pm

Quote

Reply
Thanks for the info. I think I can make my peace with the loss of Mickey & Rose and get on with my life now. :D



____________________
Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7296
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 3rd, 2007 05:43 pm

Quote

Reply
WOW I've just seen the last two Torchwoods and did it have me on the edge of my chair, YES.    It's very sad at the end.

Oh Angel are you going enjoy is when Plif sends you the rest, just have your kleenex ready.


I can't wait for the new series of Dr Who to start.  Some where in time we might get to see Jack you know.  That's just a little teaser.

Last edited on Wed Jan 3rd, 2007 05:45 pm by Dragonflygurl

Wayward Kitty
Heretic


Joined: Sat Oct 28th, 2006
Location: Stuck In The Middle With You
Posts: 66
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 3rd, 2007 07:14 pm

Quote

Reply
I watched it tonight as well, and I'm afraid that I must admit... at the end I released a fangirl squeal. I'm so pathetic. I'm not giving anything away though! :c030a: I really enjoyed the series, it was darker, yes... but I feel they made Torchwood its own thing even while it remained a Doctor Who spin-off. There was talk awhile back that Captain Jack would make an appearance in the next series of Doctor Who (it was in the magazine I believe), and they also said at the end of Torchwood tonight that there would be a series two in the fall... blank tapes at the ready!! Summer of Who, Fall of Captain Jack... mmmmm... nice... Why oh why don't I have a DVD recorder... oh yeah, cause they cost too much LOL *sighs*



____________________
I'm a woman, not a Barbie doll; if you want a stick insect, go to the pet store.
Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7296
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 3rd, 2007 07:19 pm

Quote

Reply
Wayward Kitty wrote: I watched it tonight as well, and I'm afraid that I must admit... at the end I released a fangirl squeal. I'm so pathetic. I'm not giving anything away though! :c030a: I really enjoyed the series, it was darker, yes... but I feel they made Torchwood its own thing even while it remained a Doctor Who spin-off. There was talk awhile back that Captain Jack would make an appearance in the next series of Doctor Who (it was in the magazine I believe), and they also said at the end of Torchwood tonight that there would be a series two in the fall... blank tapes at the ready!! Summer of Who, Fall of Captain Jack... mmmmm... nice... Why oh why don't I have a DVD recorder... oh yeah, cause they cost too much LOL *sighs*
Yeah I heard that too, but I did not want soil surprise, oh well.  I don't have a dvd recorder, just a bog standard video recorder.

Wayward Kitty
Heretic


Joined: Sat Oct 28th, 2006
Location: Stuck In The Middle With You
Posts: 66
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 4th, 2007 06:57 am

Quote

Reply
Dragonflygurl wrote:
Yeah I heard that too, but I did not want soil surprise, oh well.  I don't have a dvd recorder, just a bog standard video recorder.

Didn't think it was much of a surprise if it was in the official magazine. Whatever, I don't need to talk about it here.



____________________
I'm a woman, not a Barbie doll; if you want a stick insect, go to the pet store.
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11387
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jan 4th, 2007 07:20 am

Quote

Reply
Plif told me he's sending me the last bit of Torchwood and the Christmas Dr. Who ep, can't wait!



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....

 Current time is 04:47 pm
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  Next Page Last Page  


Quick Reply
Enter your quick reply:



Black_metal theme exclusively by: WowBB Theme Mall
Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez
SciFi Updates