You have arrived in the LEXXVERSE where the spirit of Lexx lives on. Home


Who cried watching the last Lexx.
 Moderated by: Ketana, CheshireKat, aeonflux  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
guideX
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 1st, 2012
Location: Long Beach, California USA
Posts: 47
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 9th, 2012 12:20 am

Quote

Reply
I cried as well, but only because I was AGAIN out of stuff to watch. LEXX had given me something to obsess over, and now it's all over, and I feel a big empty void without more LEXX, it's terrible :(

guideX
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 1st, 2012
Location: Long Beach, California USA
Posts: 47
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 17th, 2012 10:02 pm

Quote

Reply
I did cry over the last episode thinking back, but it wasn't when Kai died, it was when the LEXX said to Stan ...

"... And Stan"
"Yes LEXX"
"I'm going to miss you very much"
"I'm going to miss you too LEXX ..."

The_nalle
Heretic


Joined: Thu May 3rd, 2012
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Posts: 69
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 18th, 2012 02:21 am

Quote

Reply
I did. I really did!!!!



____________________
Doing the moonwalk is the only way to look cool while wiping dog crap off your shoes.
IvoryIsis
Heretic


Joined: Sun Jan 6th, 2013
Location: Kansas City, Missouri USA
Posts: 9
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2013 12:05 pm

Quote

Reply
Definitely teared up. I watched it last night. I think the only reason I didn't have one of my normal gushers (my boyfriend was looking at me intently expecting me to have one, evil!! lol) is because I had mentally prepared myself for it. It also helped that Lyekka Vs. Japan had a scene of Kai meditating with a Buddhist monk. I had come to see Kai as some kind of transcendent Buddhist character so it made me feel better somehow. He's beyond death and life and totally zen to me, really. I would have liked to have seen a longer show in order to accurately draw it out a bit more since it was such a big blow to the psyche, though. I also kept wondering why Kai decided to just take it into the core and not drop it. I'm not sure if I'm missing some key semantics there, but I wager that he felt it was his time to die and that he should have died a full 6,000 years ago. He couldn't just cheat death because he knew he was already dead and had just been lucky enough to be able to unite soul and body in order to just die. I believe he laughed because he was phenomenally lucky in the end, even after all the irony of his strange existence.



____________________
Kai: "You know what, Gibble? You're a rotten kid. You dumped gongslanger into the toilet, and you wake the dead. And when you wake the dead, fatso, form dictates, you join 'em! Eat up! Chow down!"
The_nalle
Heretic


Joined: Thu May 3rd, 2012
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Posts: 69
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 16th, 2013 05:43 am

Quote

Reply
I cried because I thought it was a shame that the series was over and that it would not get to see more adventures with the characters. Then there was also relief that my Lexx marathon was finally over. 65 hours in seven days is hard!
I cry almost every time an attractive or good actor dies in movies / series.



____________________
Doing the moonwalk is the only way to look cool while wiping dog crap off your shoes.
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11382
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 16th, 2013 01:49 pm

Quote

Reply
I really wish they would have done a Lexx movie at the end, showing an adventure with little lexx, and that Stan and Xev got a home.

That's a Lexx overload all at once, Nalle!



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jan 16th, 2013 02:27 pm

Quote

Reply
okay okay I shall admit I had a sniffle..just a tiny one..and a twinge in my black little stone of a heart..but if asked..I shall deny to my dying breath!!



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
cat1946
Heretic
 

Joined: Sat Jan 19th, 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Florida USA
Posts: 87
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jan 20th, 2013 08:40 pm

Quote

Reply
Tears alone can not discribe the emotions in the last episode. I only saw a few episodes way back when. (It was at the mercy of the people, I babysat for, they had cable}. When I found the complete series on Netflix. I too saw them all back to back. With the uniqueness of THE LEXX the viewer becomes bonded to the characters and they become family. And as with any family it is hard to say GOOD--BYE.
But, what the hay? We have video.

blakartz
Heretic
 

Joined: Wed Feb 20th, 2013
Location: Pauls Valley, Oklahoma USA
Posts: 59
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Feb 20th, 2013 01:29 pm

Quote

Reply
I didn't cry. Because I'm too manly. But I did think it was some of the most powerful acting in the entire series.



____________________
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Feb 20th, 2013 01:35 pm

Quote

Reply
blakartz wrote: I didn't cry. Because I'm too manly. But I did think it was some of the most powerful acting in the entire series.
well welcome to something strange oh manly one!! here even the most testorone..tostones..toasty..one's are allowed tears..so cry away if you please..if you don't..then don't cry..I don't care..:2567::s010a:



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11382
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Feb 20th, 2013 01:49 pm

Quote

Reply
Ketana wrote: blakartz wrote: I didn't cry. Because I'm too manly. But I did think it was some of the most powerful acting in the entire series.
well welcome to something strange oh manly one!! here even the most testorone..tostones..toasty..one's are allowed tears..so cry away if you please..if you don't..then don't cry..I don't care..:2567::s010a:

You've got a new one to roast over the fire, Ketana. :P  Welcome aboard, blakartz.



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
irina999
Heretic


Joined: Sun Feb 3rd, 2013
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Posts: 21
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Mar 6th, 2013 03:52 pm

Quote

Reply
blakartz wrote:
I didn't cry. Because I'm too manly. But I did think it was some of the most powerful acting in the entire series.

a woman weeping helps to cope with pain. And men are not so, their grief and their pain crying is not facilitated, no. Women believe it with difficulty, but it's true - the tears of men is not easier.



____________________
Frog Princess
blakartz
Heretic
 

Joined: Wed Feb 20th, 2013
Location: Pauls Valley, Oklahoma USA
Posts: 59
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Mar 8th, 2013 01:26 pm

Quote

Reply
Angel wrote: Ketana wrote: blakartz wrote: I didn't cry. Because I'm too manly. But I did think it was some of the most powerful acting in the entire series.
well welcome to something strange oh manly one!! here even the most testorone..tostones..toasty..one's are allowed tears..so cry away if you please..if you don't..then don't cry..I don't care..:2567::s010a:

You've got a new one to roast over the fire, Ketana. :P  Welcome aboard, blakartz.


Roasting you say? I can handle that. I'm very good with pain. LOL.



____________________
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Mar 9th, 2013 03:08 pm

Quote

Reply
blakartz wrote: Angel wrote: Ketana wrote: blakartz wrote: I didn't cry. Because I'm too manly. But I did think it was some of the most powerful acting in the entire series.
well welcome to something strange oh manly one!! here even the most testorone..tostones..toasty..one's are allowed tears..so cry away if you please..if you don't..then don't cry..I don't care..:2567::s010a:

You've got a new one to roast over the fire, Ketana. :P  Welcome aboard, blakartz.


Roasting you say? I can handle that. I'm very good with pain. LOL.

 

most excellent..:bounce_pinka:



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Nell
Heretic


Joined: Sat Jun 8th, 2013
Location: Moscow
Posts: 73
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Jun 16th, 2013 04:33 pm

Quote

Reply
I didn't cry. I was impressed the way they finished everything. The moment of Kai's death is still one of my favourite, the same is true for the whole episode. When I watch Lexx I know that I can do it whenever I want and it's always possible to press a stop button and switch on my imagination. Sometimes I do it, simply press stop at random and start inventing something different.

When it comes to the last episode, it won't be an exeggeration to say that at the moment, I continue the adventures by reading Abby's stories. It has nothing to do with hypochracy, she is really doing something huge and she manages to keep the Lexx spirit. So, even if I felt sorry they've decided to finish on the 4th season, now I compensate it by the mentioned reading.



____________________
There is no way to pretend.
Each person has his own path to his destiny.
All people-solo.
V. Rosanov

 Current time is 11:28 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  


Quick Reply
Enter your quick reply:



Black_metal theme exclusively by: WowBB Theme Mall
Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez
SciFi Updates