You have arrived in the LEXXVERSE where the spirit of Lexx lives on. Home


The Protein Bank
 Moderated by: Ketana, CheshireKat, aeonflux  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
sabeanqueen
Heretic


Joined: Tue Jul 3rd, 2007
Location: Deal, United Kingdom
Posts: 43
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Aug 13th, 2007 03:13 pm

Quote

Reply
It looks absolutely gorgeous there :)

CheshireKat
Divine Assassin


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 2918
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Aug 13th, 2007 03:18 pm

Quote

Reply
LOL nice pics. Hope you enjoyed the neighborhood while you were there.



____________________
Bilbo67
Heretic


Joined: Fri Oct 27th, 2006
Location: The Daisy Hill Cluster Lizard Farm
Posts: 469
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Aug 13th, 2007 10:17 pm

Quote

Reply
Angel wrote: LOL, nice pics of you Bilbo. Here's a little secret about babies, they don't bite until they get teeth.

Wasn't worried about getting bitten (although she did damn near rip a fistful of my hair out the first time I got too close to her) so much as the fact that I'm a klutz and she has yet to figure out that if she rolls out of my arms it's going to hurt like hell.

 

mayaXXX wrote:  

Whoa, nice pics there Bilbo, Did you say you were going to buy a place up there?


 

Alas, no...I don't plan on moving any time in the near future (although those plans could change in a wink if some good-hearted editor would fork over a Stephen King-sized advance).

 

sabeanqueen wrote: It looks absolutely gorgeous there :)
Not to mention a helluva lot cooler/less humid than my regular stomping ground.  Heat index today was 119 degrees...thank God I got off my ass a while back and put some freon in my car.

 

CheshireKat wrote: LOL nice pics. Hope you enjoyed the neighborhood while you were there.

Relished every second of it...it was the eight hour drives hither and thither that had me grinding my teeth to fine, bloody nubs.

 

 

 

Oh, and I'm feeling a wee bit egotistical, so here's another one of these (that really is as dark as I get...any longer in the sun and I'd look like a lobster slathered in napalm):



 

Last edited on Mon Aug 13th, 2007 11:30 pm by Bilbo67



____________________
If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.
— Christopher Titus
mayaXXX
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Dark Zone, Naturally
Posts: 2454
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 14th, 2007 01:12 am

Quote

Reply
Bilbo67 wrote:
 

 

 

Oh, and I'm feeling a wee bit egotistical, so here's another one of these (that really is as dark as I get...any longer in the sun and I'd look like a lobster slathered in napalm):



 

:prop:I AM DAMOCLES  !!! *Sorry, that's a reference to 'The Industry'....*



____________________
"Blah blah blah, Vampire Emergency, Blah..."
IT'S OFFICIAL
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11388
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 14th, 2007 08:14 am

Quote

Reply
You could always slather self bronzer all over yourself. :wink3:

Do you go the whole 50 yards as a power lifter and eat raw eggs, eat lots of beef and drink alot of milk?  I know someone that is into that and that was a daily staple for him when lifting.



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 14th, 2007 09:49 am

Quote

Reply
Bilbo67 wrote:


 

Oh, and I'm feeling a wee bit egotistical, so here's another one of these (that really is as dark as I get...any longer in the sun and I'd look like a lobster slathered in napalm):



 

ummmmm yummy nummy mummy!



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Shenandora
Heretic


Joined: Sun Oct 29th, 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 223
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Aug 17th, 2007 12:34 am

Quote

Reply
Oh, nice pics, Bilbo! Your cousin's baby is a cuty.

I was in Colorado two times and really liked it there.

Btw, do you give private lessons? My body needs some fitness ;-)

Bilbo67
Heretic


Joined: Fri Oct 27th, 2006
Location: The Daisy Hill Cluster Lizard Farm
Posts: 469
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Aug 28th, 2007 11:34 pm

Quote

Reply
Angel wrote: Do you go the whole 50 yards as a power lifter and eat raw eggs, eat lots of beef and drink alot of milk?  I know someone that is into that and that was a daily staple for him when lifting.


To a point.  Strictly speaking, I don't train as a powerlifter any more, and for that matter, didn't technically train as such when I was competing.  Hardcore powerlifters concentrate almost exclusively on the three core competition lifts--bench press, squat, and deadlift--and while I still hit those as hard as I can, I've always favored a more well-rounded program, incorporating explosive Olympic-style lifts (clean and jerk/snatch) and elements from my old football workouts, in addition to a few bodybuilding staples (although I'm not a bodybuilder and have never strictly trained as such).

That said, while I don't intricately measure everything I eat, I try to be as smart about it as I can.  I'm not really looking to put on a great deal more bulk, so I don't load up on excess calories, though I still eat a helluva lot more than most people I know (excluding my two younger brothers, both of whom make me look like a friggin' stick figure...).  My primary concern is protein, as the general rule of thumb says that anyone serious about weight training should try to consume at least 1 to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight a day.  That equates to anywhere between 220 and 330 for me, which means I'm no stranger to copious quantities of chicken and fish (got a sweet spot for shark steak, although that stuff is expensive as all hell), and it goes without saying that I down a couple of protein shakes a day. 

Supplement-wise, but for creatine, which I used intermittantly in high school and college, the only supplements I've ever taken long term are whey protein, which I just mentioned, and glucosamine, which is a joint lubricant.  I've never been within a hundred feet of steroids, HGH, or any of that crap (in spite of the fact that I was tested five times while I was playing college ball, while a couple of our hot-shots who were known juice-heads were always conveniently excused from the proceedings)




Shenandora wrote: Btw, do you give private lessons? My body needs some fitness ;-)

Sure, if you want to wind up being twice my size.  Seems everyone I've ever trained for any period of time shoots right past me after a while.  Let's see...I got both my brothers into it, and they can both throw me around (one of them's only 16!), one of my sister's friends came to me when he first started working out...he plays in the NFL now!  I could go on... 


Ketana wrote:

ummmmm yummy nummy mummy!



"...I was afraid it would come to this..." *reaches for his stack of EZ Form Restraining Orders*



____________________
If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.
— Christopher Titus
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Aug 29th, 2007 09:38 am

Quote

Reply
Bilbo67 wrote: Angel wrote: Do you go the whole 50 yards as a power lifter and eat raw eggs, eat lots of beef and drink alot of milk?  I know someone that is into that and that was a daily staple for him when lifting.


To a point.  Strictly speaking, I don't train as a powerlifter any more, and for that matter, didn't technically train as such when I was competing.  Hardcore powerlifters concentrate almost exclusively on the three core competition lifts--bench press, squat, and deadlift--and while I still hit those as hard as I can, I've always favored a more well-rounded program, incorporating explosive Olympic-style lifts (clean and jerk/snatch) and elements from my old football workouts, in addition to a few bodybuilding staples (although I'm not a bodybuilder and have never strictly trained as such).

That said, while I don't intricately measure everything I eat, I try to be as smart about it as I can.  I'm not really looking to put on a great deal more bulk, so I don't load up on excess calories, though I still eat a helluva lot more than most people I know (excluding my two younger brothers, both of whom make me look like a friggin' stick figure...).  My primary concern is protein, as the general rule of thumb says that anyone serious about weight training should try to consume at least 1 to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight a day.  That equates to anywhere between 220 and 330 for me, which means I'm no stranger to copious quantities of chicken and fish (got a sweet spot for shark steak, although that stuff is expensive as all hell), and it goes without saying that I down a couple of protein shakes a day. 

Supplement-wise, but for creatine, which I used intermittantly in high school and college, the only supplements I've ever taken long term are whey protein, which I just mentioned, and glucosamine, which is a joint lubricant.  I've never been within a hundred feet of steroids, HGH, or any of that crap (in spite of the fact that I was tested five times while I was playing college ball, while a couple of our hot-shots who were known juice-heads were always conveniently excused from the proceedings)




Shenandora wrote: Btw, do you give private lessons? My body needs some fitness ;-)

Sure, if you want to wind up being twice my size.  Seems everyone I've ever trained for any period of time shoots right past me after a while.  Let's see...I got both my brothers into it, and they can both throw me around (one of them's only 16!), one of my sister's friends came to me when he first started working out...he plays in the NFL now!  I could go on... 


Ketana wrote:

ummmmm yummy nummy mummy!



"...I was afraid it would come to this..." *reaches for his stack of EZ Form Restraining Orders*



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Sep 1st, 2007 06:32 pm

Quote

Reply



____________________

Don't sprinkle sugar on your bullshit and then tell me it's candy!
Shenandora
Heretic


Joined: Sun Oct 29th, 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 223
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 24th, 2007 01:09 am

Quote

Reply
Back from Nova Scotia I'm already beginning to miss it. I had a great time, met a dear friend and had luck with the weather...

Attachment: n715351026_344304_6424.jpg (Downloaded 51 times)

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11388
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Sep 24th, 2007 06:31 am

Quote

Reply
Wow, it looks beautiful there. Did you meet up with Brian Downey or Nigel Bennett? Brian wrote on his board about the Atlantic film festival just happening and that he saw Goblin there.



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Shenandora
Heretic


Joined: Sun Oct 29th, 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 223
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Sep 30th, 2007 03:09 am

Quote

Reply
No, unfortunately the Atlantic Film Festival started the day we left Nova Scotia. So, I didn't get the chance to see Brian and Goblin again.

Bilbo67
Heretic


Joined: Fri Oct 27th, 2006
Location: The Daisy Hill Cluster Lizard Farm
Posts: 469
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 03:47 pm

Quote

Reply
Celebrating the two-year anniversary of my last haircut (this straw-colored car crash began its life as a Forrest Gump style flattop)






Last edited on Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 06:13 pm by Bilbo67



____________________
If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.
— Christopher Titus
Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11388
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 05:35 pm

Quote

Reply
Bilbo67 wrote: Celebrating the two-year anniversary of my last haircut (this straw-colored car crash began its life as a Forrest Gump style flattop)





Dang, Bilbo, the picture isn't coming up.



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....

 Current time is 12:24 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  Next Page Last Page  


Quick Reply
Enter your quick reply:



Black_metal theme exclusively by: WowBB Theme Mall
Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez
SciFi Updates